Voucher management system
The mentioned effects depend heavily on the retail chain or store organisation and can be considered as indicative – in many cases much bigger effect could be observed. The readiness for much more radical organisational changes allowing deploying the chain or store potential, is from essential importance. At the heart of the good results is not the software at itself but the change in the organisation and practices supported by it.
Enablers for the improved result
• The consumer basket of customers using vouchers is larger.
• Monitoring the behavior of the different customer groups and adjustment of the price behavior according to their reactions when bound by loyalty systems.
• Guiding the consumer needs and demands of loyal customers to certain groups of items;
• Managing and guiding the interests of customers to stale products, products close to their 'best before' date and to products for which excellent price conditions were achieved;
• The promotions are not price promotions only – their layout and presentation encourage the customer to to purchase RIGHT NOW the offered mix, the price of which is very difficult or almost not possible to be compared with the price of the competition.
• The long term planning of voucher promotions vouchers enables to agree on much better prices with suppliers.
• Protection of the customers from the competition encroachment.
• Prepared in advance vouchers – the vouchers are printed and registered in the system in advance; they can be received upon special conditions at the cash point;
• Vouchers upon club card activation - the vouchers are printed and registered in the system in advance; they can be received upon activation of a loyalty card at the cash point;
• Vouchers versus points – the vouchers are issued at the cash point by transforming the collected points or loyalty system amounts in amounts to be used through vouchers;
• Vouchers for special clients – Specially selected clients receive predefined personalised vouchers, sent by e-mail, post etc.;
• Voucher as a gift (progressive) – This promotion defines thresholds based on which the client receives as gift a voucher for certain value upon reaching a certain amount on the bill;
• Voucher as a gift (purchased goods) – This promotion defines a group of goods with corresponding quantity and at purchasing the specified quantity of the respective goods, the client receives as gift a voucher with specific nominal value.
• Voucher as a gift (campaign) – The promotion defines 2 groups of goods. In the first group – Issuing a voucher – the goods are defined with a certain quantity and when purchasing this defined quantity a voucher is issued. In the second group – Using a voucher – the goods are defined for which the voucher is valid.
The global settings are linked to the generation of vouchers and particularly with the creation of the voucher code. In the settings it is possible to set a prefix for the vouchers’ codes which will be generated in the system, as well as bar code format (of the voucher).
Standard promotion data – Name, starting date, ending date, status, code and content of the cash bill, starting and ending hour, a field with option for choosing the days of the week for which the promotion will be valid;
Data for the vouchers – The data maintained for vouchers are various and can be divided in three main groups: basic data for the voucher; data related to the club card correlation; data referring to the voucher’s activation and payment by vouchers on the cash points (Front Office).
In the first group the following characteristics and flags are included:
• Voucher code – automatically generated according to the global settings;
• Voucher kind – it is set automatically according to the using company;
• Voucher type – it is selected while generating the vouchers. So far 4 types of vouchers have been developed: “Voucher as gift upon a new club card”, “Voucher versus bonus points”, “Marketing campaign vouchers” and “Voucher as a gift”;
• Status of the voucher – at generating the vouchers it is possible to choose the status they will be generated with (some of them are directly generated as “Active”). The status of the voucher is monitored at any time and the status could be: “Generated”, “Handed over (to the client)”, “Active”, “Blocked” and “Used”;
• Marketing campaign;
• Pdf – name of the pdf file - template. At generating the vouchers it is possible to generate a pdf-file for each voucher by filling in specific information and data for the voucher in the pdf-file template. The coordinates of the data which are filled by the system in all templates must be the same (it means the voucher data must be always filled on the same places in the pdf-file);
• Date of issue (generating date);
Data related to activation and payment with vouchers at the cash points
• Validity period – it is possible to set a voucher validity period at voucher generation and later on at bulk processing This validity period can start at a date which is a later date referring to the generation date;
• Nominal – in case the vouchers are issued for specific amount the voucher nominal must be chosen;
• Discount – the voucher discount can be linked to the bill amount or to a specific item or item group;
• Item criteria – in the voucher it is possible to set some item criteria which can be paid by this voucher. Currently they are linked to the marketing campaign which is a pure information field;
• Minimum activation amount – it is possible to activate the vouchers at the cash points only if the amount of the bill is е = or > than this indicator;
• Activation date, Store of voucher activation , Voucher activating operator – indicators referring to the voucher activating at the cash points;
• Minimum payment amount – it is possible to pay with some voucher types only if the amount of the bill is е = or > than this indicator;
• Spent amount – when paying with a voucher exactly that amount of the voucher is recorded, which was paid (it can be < than the nominal of the voucher);
Data related to club cards
• Card ID No, Card holder ID No – information about a club card link;
• Flag if at payment by voucher bonuses will be accumulated ;
• Flag if the voucher is related to a club card;
• Transaction status – „Recorded“, „Waiting“, „Canceled“;
• Transaction date and hour;
• Voucher ID No;
• Cash, Resetting (zeroing), Bill, Cash point serial number, Bill amount – information about the cash bill upon transactions of the “Activating” and “Using a voucher” type;
• Store where the transaction is performed;
• Operator carried out the transaction;
• Transaction type – the transaction types depend on the type of voucher operations. For example: “Generating (of vouchers)”, “Activating”, “Blocking”, “Changing the validity period”, “Using a voucher”, “Group blocking of vouchers” etc.;
• Thanks to the offline mode with data replication at the cash point the system operates without limitation of the functionality and even without an interface to the voucher server;
• The systems allows printing up to three vouchers in a bill;
• The system controls and allows issuing up to five vouchers for a particular card holder promotion for each single card holder in order not to exceed the standards of one household ;
• When using a client card for issuing a voucher, it can be used only in combination with the same client card.